Not long ago I felt pretty overwhelmed. I told you how my emotions had caught up with me and I guess starting a new job while tying up old freelance work, keeping up with my YouTube hobby and trying to be a decent mum/wife made feel feel I wasn’t 100% anywhere.
Taking a step back. Posting a lot less, saying screw you to a schedule and looking fresh at our boundaries for sharing family life… and honestly hearing how you guys get like it too really helped (as much as I don’t want you to feel that way either).
Now having that short break made me realize a few things:
- I missed vlogging. Creating. Playing with camera bits.
- I missed you guys. The chatter. Your stories. Your advice
- I do need a schedule. As much as I hate to admit it. Especially now my new job as Digital content producer (sounds fancy, means editing bitch) is the main bread and butter and takes up all my childcare hours. I’ve got to be organised around that to keep my little space going. It’s been a friendly little Channel and I would be sad if it went downhill (it’s already suffered the last couple of weeks).
- I like sharing photos and videos. I like looking at other people’s more. I cut down my news feeds but it gave me time to see pics I wanted and to comment more. A like is lovely, taking the time to comment makes more impact on someones day I think. When someone comments on mine it always makes me feel sentimental about that person and usually pop over to see what they have shared too.
- I watched old videos and though I’m not sure I agree with the YouTube for memories thing, I don’t think I would have been motivated to edit them if it wasn’t for YT (we all have an empty page or 2 in our kids baby book we never filled in don’t we?)
So this is just a short post to say I am going to try and schedule my videos to be Wednesday, Fridays and Saturdays again. I’m not going to put so much pressure on myself as before, it takes the enjoyment out, but I’ve naturally been posting these days so it seems to work about work-work. Really hope to see you over on my channel again 😉